Comment on page
Aggregation Rules API
Aggregation rules consolidate the averaged values of many metrics into one, allowing for speedy graph rendering and visualization. Managing aggregation rules can be done easily with Hosted Graphite. Learn more about what our aggregation rules do, and how to use our Aggregation Feature here.
- pattern[REQUIRED]: Regex or node pattern to match ingested metrics to.
- output[REQUIRED]: Metric output, when a metric is matched with the pattern, those metrics will be mapped to this output and appear in your account.
- 200: The aggregation rule was created successfully. Returns created aggregation’s ID.
- 400: Creation failed. Pattern or output is an invalid input (or not provided). Or the aggregation rule creation failed because the pattern is too computationally expensive to match against your metric names. If this keeps happening, please contact support .
- 409: Creation failed, aggregation with this pattern & output already exists.
Creates an aggregation with the pattern:
Metrics that look like s
servers.server-0002.requests.200would appear in your account as a
Metrics that look like
servers.server-0002.requests.404would appear in your account as
- 200: List of your aggregation rules.
- 200: Aggregation with passed ID if it exists, empty list otherwise.
Lists your aggregations or individual aggregation if the optional ID is passed.
- 200: Aggregation was successfully deleted.
- 400: No aggregation ID passed.
- 412: Aggregation with passed ID does not exist.
- 500: Delete failed, please try again.
Delete aggregation rule with passed id.
To edit an aggregation rule, you can do this through the Hosted Graphite UI. Additionally, aggregation rules have no state, so it is safe to delete and re-create them. Learn more about our Aggregate Rules Feature.